Research Engineer & Web Developer.
Current Address: Mälardalen University, Box 883, 721 23 Västerås, Sweden.
- Degree: Master's
- Phone: +46 732708833
- Website: www.arnabbarua.com
- City: Chattogram
- Email: email@example.com
- Skype: engarnab2015
- Github: https://github.com/arnabfly
- Country: Bangladesh
Arnab Barua is a Doctoral Student working as a member of the Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems group in the Computer Science and Software Engineering division. His research interest includes Multimodal Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Image Processing and Healthcare applications involving Artificial Intelligence. He completed his master's degree in Computer Science and Technology from Xidian University, China, in 2020 and bachelor degree in Computer Science and Technology from International Islamic University Chittagong, Bangladesh, in 2015. Before his doctoral studies, Arnab Barua joined as a research engineer at the KIOS Research & Innovation Center of Excellence at the University of Cyprus. He also worked as a software engineer at Subra Systems Limited.
September,2021 - Auguest,2026
Mälardalen University, Västerås, Sweden
Division: Computer Science and Software Engineering
Supervisor: Asst. Prof. Dr. Mobyen Uddin
Master's in Computer Science & Technology
September,2017 - June,2020
Xidian University, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Thesis Title: Research on Deep Learning Classification Algorithm for Detecting Neuropsychiatric Disorder Diseases of Motor Symptoms.
Department: School of Computer Science & Technology
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Xiaodong Yang
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering
October,2011 - November,2015
International Islamic University Chittagong, Chattogram, Bangladesh
Project Title: Web-based Student Automation System
Department: Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Supervisor: Prof. Samsul Alam
September,2020 - Auguest, 2021
KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE), University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
Duties/Responsibilities: Carrying out research in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Working with senior researchers to develop assigned projects. Create and execute test plans, analyze test results and file test bugs.
January,2017 - Auguest,2017
Subra Systems Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duties/Responsibilities: Analyzing and gathering requirements for the framework and creating a design for the final software output. Developing the web based software using computer programming languages such as ASP.net, C# and MSSQL. Creating and maintaining the ASP.NET based websites and their web applications as per the initial guidelines of the client.
Overall Research Impact Factor 10.344
1. Arnab Barua, Xiaodong Yang, “Gait Signals Classification and Comparison”, International Journal of Numerical Modeling (Wiley), 2019, 10.1002/jnm.2577 (Impact Factor 0.89)
2. Arnab Barua, Dong C, Yang X. A deep learning approach for detecting tic disorder using wireless channel information. Trans Emerging Tel Tech. 2020;e3964. https://doi.org/10.1002/ett.3964 (Impact Factor 1.258)
3. Arnab Barua, C. Dong, F. Al-Turjman and X. Yang, "Edge Computing based Localization Technique to Detecting Behavior of Dementia," in IEEE Access, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2988935 (Impact Factor 4.098)
4. Arnab Barua, Z. Zhang, F. Al-Turjman and X. Yang, "Cognitive Intelligence for Monitoring Fractured Post-Surgery Ankle Activity Using Channel Information," in IEEE Access, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3000599. (Impact Factor 4.098)
5. Arnab Barua, M. U. Ahmed and S. Begum, "A Systematic Literature Review on Multimodal Machine Learning: Applications, Challenges, Gaps and Future Directions," in IEEE Access, vol. 11, pp. 14804-14831, 2023, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3243854. (Impact Factor 3.476)
1. M. Kamal, Arnab Barua, C. Vitale, C. Laoudias and G. Ellinas, "GPS Location Spoofing Attack Detection for Enhancing the Security of Autonomous Vehicles," 2021 IEEE 94th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2021-Fall), 2021, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/VTC2021-Fall52928.2021.9625567
Awards & Honors
MS Degree Studentship – Received fully funded MS scholarship from Chinese Student Council sponsored by Chinese Central Government (worth $17,000)
Visual Studio, Mendeley, Endnote, Anaconda, Spyder, Jupyter Notebook, Keras, Pytorch, Django
Flat 103, Limnou 08, Aglantzia, Nicosia (Lefkosia), Post Code 2103, Cyprus